Calling for Canine Blood Donors!
Hemosolutions is a community, volunteer-based, canine blood bank. Up to $150 is applied to your Northgate Animal
Hospital account, supplementing the cost of your companion’s veterinary care. Your dog will also have a priority status for Hemosolutions blood products in the event your companion needs a transfusion.
Canine criteria to become a blood donor include:
– must be between the ages of 1 and 7 years old
– must weigh at least 50 pounds
– is current on vaccinations
– is receiving heartworm preventative from April through October
(Northgate Animal Hospital strongly advises year round)
– is willing to donate 6 times per year
If you would like to learn more about having your companion become a blood donor visit Hemosolutions.com or call 719-380-1900 to learn more.